FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,770 views 2 comments
by
This setting does not seem to work. We have the router connected via wired ethernet. IP address is received via DHCP, but given DNS servers seem to be ignored since clients on LAN side and router itself (via CLI) cannot resolve addresses it should if correct DNS servers were used.

We have a RUT950 where the same setting works fine.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Which FW release version you are using? What DNS your router get?

If you disable "Use DNS servers advertised by peer"  and enter these DNS does it start working?
by

Hi,

Just updated to RUTX_R_00.02.00, still the same problem.

On the router, /tmp/resolv.conf.auto has correct "local" DNS server received from DHCP, however the router does not seem to use them. /tmp/resolv.conf shows 127.0.0.1 as DNS server, which I assume is forwarded maybe to Google 8.8.8.8 (I can't find the actual DNS server used)? Resolving Internet addresses work, but addresses that would be resolved by the DNS servers received from DHCP does not work. If I force the DNS server in nslookup resolving those 'internal' adresses works.

I tried disabling "Use DNS servers advertised by peer" and setting custom DNS servers, but it does not work. Settings are written to /tmp/resolv.conf.auto but are not effective. I also tried setting same custom DNS servers on the LAN interface, but it also did not have any effect.

by anonymous
If you set your DNS directly on your PC, does they working?