10466 questions

12474 answers

19396 comments

21924 members

+1 vote
1,805 views 1 comments
by

Hello all,

I successfully configure the apn setting via webUI (apn, authentication mode, username, password) and changes are accepted. After doing so I can see via uci command (uci show network) that the values of network.ppp.apn network.ppp.auth_mode network.ppp.username network.ppp.password changed to the ones I set. Perfect.

Now I set those network paramenters via uci comands (via CLI, SSH or even json-rpc) and, checking again the network parameters, they are successfully changed to the new ones. I sent the commit command and the luci-reload as specify on the guide.

When I log into the WebUI and I go to the Mobile settings .... suprise -> nothing changed. Still the old ones.

The FW version is the latest, updated yesterday.

Since the change via webUI is successful and via command line is not, I am wondering if something more than these four parameters (username, password, apn and auth_mode) has also been changed when doing it through the webUI (and that's why I cannot get the change via commands). Or definitely the luci-reload is not successful. Some parts of the response of the luci-reload show Failed to get uci value lines like the following, but mainly is composed of match founds:

<!--[if gte mso 9]> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]> Normal 0 21 false false false DE X-NONE X-NONE <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]>

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0cm; mso-para-margin-right:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:8.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0cm; line-height:107%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} <![endif]-->

root@Teltonika:~# luci-reload

Failed to get uci value

 

disabling easycwmpd

  fopen() Error: 2

Failed to get uci value

disabling samba

  fopen() Error: 2

bad

enabling multiwan

Set via uci commands

I appreciate any support.

Ander

1 Answer

+2 votes
by
Hello,

if you want to set a specific APN you should set it in the simcard section. First, look at the configuration:
#uci show simcard

next, you will need to enter your desired APN:
#uci set simcard.sim1.apn=’your apn’

Final steps:
#uci commit
#luci-reload

I would also like to point out that if you have auto APN set up then you need to disable it additionally.
#uci set simcard.sim1.auto_apn=’0’
by
Thanks for the answer.

Finally we figured out what you are saying in the comment doing some reverse engineering from the backup of the router after setting via webUI. So we notice that the  /etc/config/simcard was also changed. Both simcard and network.ppp sections are updated, not only one of them.

Thanks for the replay anyway.

Ander