FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
2,070 views 4 comments
by anonymous

Hi,

I get the following error when I try to send an SMS with a RUT955:

SMS limit was reached, or would be passed by sending multipart message. Cannot send message

Receiving works OK and sending SMS with the same SIM card from a different device works OK.

Firmware versionRUT9XX_R_00.06.04.3

Thanks, 

by

Hi,

also having problem here. Originally with FW 00.06.05.1, now upgraded to latest with no effect: RUT9XX_R_00.06.05.3

Serial number 1105338806

Modem model EC25, FW version: EC25EUGAR06A03M4G

Will not send SMS via HTTP POST/GET, webUI SMS utilities or CLI gsmctl command, the error given is SMS limit.

SMS limit is not enabled (tried to enable and then disable it in settings, to no avail).

Sending SMS with the same SIM card inserted in a phone is possible so it is not SIM card or subscription problem.

gsmctl command reveals this internal error:

root@Teltonika-RUT955:~# gsmctl --sms --send "<my_phonenumber> test"

lua: database disk image is malformed

stack traceback:

[C]: in function 'nrows'

/sbin/sms_counter.lua:35: in function 'check_table'

/sbin/sms_counter.lua:225: in function 'start'

/sbin/sms_counter.lua:247: in main chunk

[C]: ?

LIMIT

by
Additional information: The problem persists even after downgrading to 06.04.5.

Not keeping settings when upgrading also didn't matter.

It seems I can't send SMS with this device at all...

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Please double-check your SMS limit configuration. Navigate to your router  WebUI Network -> Mobile -> SMS Limit and disable or clear SMS limit.
by anonymous
Hi,

OK, I tried that and still no change. Any ideas?

/B
by
This is also happening on our units, it appears to happen to about 1 in 10 messages, the next will send fine. We also do not have any SMS sending limit set on our units.

Firmware

RUT9XX_R_00.06.04.5