FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,260 views 7 comments
by
My RUT240 has an annoying habit of dropping the 4G connection whenever I do an Ookla speedtest.  I'm assuming it has problems with the high data throughput, but it rarely measures above about 40 Mb/s, which should be well within its capability.

Anybody else seen this, or can offer a solution?  It is a moderate to strong signal of high quality (RSRP ~ -90 dBm, RSRQ ~ -7 dB, SINR ~ 20 dB), so that is not the issue.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

generate the troubleshoot file and send it to me via private message.
0 votes
by anonymous
Confirmed with Teltonika tech support that the 4G/LTE port drops the connection when it encounters sustained speeds above about 40 Mb/s, despite it being a strong and stable signal.  The WAN port is fine right up to 100 Mb/s.  Unfortunately there is no solution offered, so we don't know if it is a fault with this specific router, or a more general design flaw for the RUT240.

Anybody else seen a similar effect?
by anonymous
Do you have any other RUT240 ? I'm not aware of any similar issues, thus I assume that your particular unit might be affected.
by anonymous
That’s my assumption as well. Teltonika show no interest in swapping it out to test, so I will take it up directly with the seller.
by anonymous
Could you PM your Reseller ? I'll arrange so that your unit would reach the developers for analysis.
by anonymous
Thank you for your reply.  I have already messaged the seller through Amazon UK, so will add your comment.
by
I can confirm the same problem with Speedtest. Sustained speeds between 25-50 Mbit/s very reliably cause modem freeze. The freeze can be fixed with modem restart or manual "gsmctl -d" in shell. My friend with RUT240 also has the same problem, we have different HW batches too.
by anonymous
Hello, have you already filled the RMA form ? or maybe it would be possible to arrange a remote session to your device and troubleshoot it in real time ? Please PM me if it would be possible from your side.
by anonymous

I have the same problem with the RUT24006E000 ( Batch 096 ) latest Firmware version RUT2XX_R_00.01.14.4, Firmware build date 2021-10-11, 07:46:51, Kernel version 3.18.44, Bootloader version 3.2.2

The internet connection drops when I start a speedtest on www.speedtest.net

Rebooting the device resolves the problem.