FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
2,116 views 3 comments
by

Hi,

We are sending OpenVPN configuration from one RUT995 to another RUT955.

It sends over 90 SMS messages, however if we send vpnstatus we get "No vpn created yet"

Both have firmware RUT9XX_R_00.05.02.5

This is really important to us as this unit is high in the air and a long way away :(

3 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Unfortunately this looks like a bug.

My recommendation would be to try configuring a less complex VPN. Specifically, use Static Key authentication instead of TLS. I've tried it with TLS and it didn't work for me as well. I then tried it with Static Key and it worked fine.

So you can try sending an OpenVPN Static Key configuration. This way you will gain access to the router via OpenVPN and will able to configure anyway you like from there.
Best answer
by
Thanks for your reply, glad its a bug and not me.

I cannot get a working static key configuration on our server that matches the client.

Would you mind sharing your server config and the settings for the client?

Thanks again :)
by anonymous

I just used an example from Teltonika's Wiki. You can find it here.

My config looks like this:

Notice that remote/local tunnel endpoints are inverted on each end. Also, don't forget to specify IP addresses in accordance with your own configuration. Instructions on how to generate a static key can be found in the link that I added or with an online search.

Should be pretty simple. When I tested it earlier, the router had trouble sending TLS certificates via SMS. This way it only has to send the static key. I tried it a few times and it always worked properly. Hope it works out for you as well.

by
Thanks, I was trying to get it to connect to our VPN server not another router, but thanks for the information I will try this.
0 votes
by
Hi,

If your SIM card has access to "internet", then try to use RMS and then re-configure router remotely using it's WebUI. This would be more easier, than send certificates via SMS.

Details how to create RMS account and how to add routers to RMS you can find here:

https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/RMS_FAQ
0 votes
by anonymous
Old discussion... I found no updates.
Tell me if I correctly understand: on RUT230 "B" (Fw 00.01.14.5):

Mobile configuration
APN = "ibox.tim.it"
Service mode = "automatic"

On RUT230 "A" (Fw 00.01.12.3):
Remote configuration -> Send -> Network -> Generate SMS "new" -> WAN
APN = "wap.tim.it"
Service mode = "2G"
I correctly send SMS at RUT230 "B" using password but I still find "ibox.tim.it" and mode to "auto".....
What's wrong? Did I misunderstand SMS remote configuration?
logread -f tells me:

"sms_set_conf: Starting..."
Then nothing.
Thanks.