FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,107 views 4 comments
by

Hi,

I need to use module kmod-usb-audio, but there is no this module is lstest SDK. There is a precompiled package but for kernel version 3.18.23 (current is 3.18.44). I`ve tried to use insmod  kmod-usb-audio -f, but insmod command in that build ignores -f option. So, please answer for at least one question (it'll solve the problem)^

1. How could I downgrade with current SDK to 3.18.23 kernel to use precompiled module?

2. Where to get the sources of kmod-usb-audio and how to add them to SDK correctly to recompile it?

3. How to make insmod -f working (kernel versions difference is not big, so it may work)?

4. Can you write a link to SDK with 3.18.23 kernel?

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

You can install the module by forcing dependencies:

opkg update
opkg install kmod-usb-audio --force-depends

The modules will appear in /lib/modules/3.18.23/. You have to move them to /lib/modules/3.18.44/:

mv /lib/modules/3.18.23/* /lib/modules/3.18.44/

Then reboot the router and check if it works. Unfortunately, I have now way of testing this. But I used this method for other modules in the past and forcing dependencies worked just fine.

Best answer
by
It worked! Thank you!
by
p.s. Of couse I've re-compiled the firmware from SDK and enabled kernel audio support. By default it was disabled.
by anonymous
That's great to hear!
I obtained a USB audio adapter and tested it - works for me too. I was about to respond to this thread but it seems it all worked out. :)
Do you mind sharing what you will do with this setup? I've never heard of people using RUT955 USB for this purpose, so it interests me.
by
One of the functions is voice alert system. Also I want to modify modem control script (to switch modem mode to usb soundcard too) and accept voice calls by transferring datum from one soundcard to another.
0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Before 3.18.44 was used version 3.10.36.

Unfortunately we do not have instructions / manuals or examples how to reach such solution.