FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
190 views 5 comments
by anonymous
Hi There -

******* UPDATE/RESOLVED: Mobile Data Event Reporting was causing the issue below. Limited to "Connected" only Mobile Data events and all is now good. Might make sense to disconnect Disconnect as an option if SMS reporting as it confuses the Router. ******

Upon forced / auto SIM Switch, the RUTX11 (RUTX_R_00.07.03.1 and 07.03) is hanging for about 3mins, with Status>Network>Mobile becoming unresponsive which then leads to the whole device being unreachable via HTTP. The box is blinking. This is anomalous behaviour, as a forced SIM Switch (CLI / SMS Utils) has been previously been taking 30-50 seconds with a responsive UI.

This started happening over last couple of days. I actually reset to factory defaults and everything was find all day whilst being reconfigured and copious testing. However, it's now recurring, with the recently config changes being: Turning on "Enable Auto Switching" and tweaks to Events Reporting and SMS Utils. Turned off SIM Switching, but the issue persists.

Thanks for you help.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Is the issue actually resolved or what you have done is simply a workaround?

Could you provide a step by step flow to replicate it?

Best regards,
by anonymous

Hi there.

The issue of 3min UI and Router hang happened several times today also. This time it was due to:

1. A CLI forced SIM Switch, that then followed an immediate SIM Switch Back after timeout (seems this counter persists, even when a forced SIM Switch is initiated) whilst the Modem was initiating.
  2. Due to Vodafone SMS issue (this ticket & this ticket), as the Modem is initiating it receives a SMS Utiles Forced Sim Switch SMS request and attempts to act on it

For no. 1, the solution was to turn off Switch Back on non-default SIM to avoid a repeat of this issue. For no. 2, I deactivated Forced SIM Switch SMS Utilities command. And as mentioned, I changed SMS Event Reporting--Mobile Data-All to 'Connected' only.

You can see the System Log excerpt (in XLS) for no. 1 in the attachment I just send you. Please look at Sheet 1, pink cells starting: 

Mon Jan-09 11:09:20

Please let me know how else I can help.

by anonymous

I have replicated your configuration and followed provided described steps, but the WebUI did not freeze.

Does the WebUI freeze disrupt functionality of the router in terms of providing 

The logs in the .xlsx file also only indicates a SIM switch, which happens rather smoothly, without any exceptions.

Though the Failed to set CFUN "minimal" messages do seem odd. In these instances modem reset could be attempted with the commad:

• ubus call mctl modem_reset '{"id":"3-1","num":"1"}'

Did you you experience similar issue with previous firmware and did you try to simply factory reset the device after updating to 7.3.x?

by anonymous

Hi -

Since turning off all identified conflicted processes, this issue has not returned. (mostly re Event Reporting, and for now Sim Switch back Rule).

What does ailed to set CFUN "minimal" mean?

I will try the reset to see if this has a positive effect.

I upgraded to the latest RUTX version AND did a factory reset. It had been occurring on 07.03 and 07.03.1.

Thanks

by anonymous
Hi Zygimantas -

The modem reset command seems to have limited the CFUN failures, but I will continue to monitor. Thank you.

And thank you for all your help today! I am digging up a fair few challenges and you have been really supportive and helpful.
by anonymous

CFUN is an AT command used in communication with the modem. Specifically, this command sets the functionality of the modem. It has several modes of operation: minimal, full, and options in between, with variations of limited command support or limiting radio transmission/reception features. Usually, setting minimal functionality is a part of modem initialization sequence and it is only an intermediate step, which should not break the operation of the modem, unless modem stays in this minimal mode, when it should not.