FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
2,241 views 6 comments
by anonymous
I still have the problem that if I turn on my RUT955 after a while, I can't connect to the router via OpenVPN. A server is running on the router.
What I noticed is that the router gets a WAN IP with 100.x.x.x assigned. Whenever the router gets an IP with 100x.x.x/8, no connection to the OpenVPN server can be established.

You can ping the router. Furthermore, I have tested that you can ping Google from the router.
I can also log in to the router via RMS.
Something is blocking the OpenVPN connection.

Only after one or more restarts, when the router is assigned a new WAN IP, does the connection work.
by anonymous
Is there any other solution to this problem?

3 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

May I ask whether you have public dynamic or static IP? If dynamic, your router changes IP and then the client no longer can reach the server as it uses the old address, in that case you will need to setup DDNS. You can find a guide how to do that at our website: https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/Main_Page
by anonymous

Hi,

i have a public dynamic IP and i am using a DDNS.

That's what I get when I google the address range.

Reserved IPv4 addresses

100.64.0.0/10

Address range for carrier grade NAT (CGN, RFC 6264): From this block, Internet providers assign addresses (RFC 6598) to their customers when they run out of public IPv4 addresses.
The address range is used if the provider does not have an IP4 address available. Ports are probably blocked in this range.

The solution so far has been to restart the router so that it is assigned a new IP. This must be sufficient for the training stage.

Is there another solution?

0 votes
by anonymous
Is there any other solution to this problem?
0 votes
by anonymous
This topic is still not answered
by anonymous
Hello,

I am really sorry for the slow response, but could you please send me a troubleshoot file via private message? It can be found at System-Administration-Troubleshoot.
by anonymous
Hello,

I have probably the same problem. I set a periodic reboot at 23:00 and the IP address changes after the reboot. Internet connexion thru Mobile. The IP provided by the APN is private because IPv4 public addresses are almost depleted, therefore DDNS not used, OpenVPN instead.

And OpenVPN shall restart in order to communicate with my remote RUT955 (the RUT955 is client).

What is the solution ?
by
ps | grep openvpn shows that the openvpn service is not running after a restart.
by anonymous
Hello,

Could you send me a troubleshoot file via private message? You can find it by going to SYSTEM > ADMINISTRATION > TROUBLESHOOT. Before you download the file, please restart you device, wait for a few minutes and only then download it.