FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
2,032 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hello Team

I am asking the below on behalf of a customer.

"I have successfully had 2 units working on 2degees mobile network and using Bridge or pass through mode, pushing the public IP address to the LAN recipeint (the router intended)

Clients behind their router work fine in a bridge arrangement as intended for basic internet access.

My issue is

1 Seems the router is not forwarding ports to the devices behind the bridge via router behind bridge connection.

2 Testing open ports using telnet from a external wa-side host - the teltonika software accepts any port number for telnet testing... say you want to bridge and forward to port for  router rules 8000:8000 x-ip-address-here, well if I telnet, it works, but believe this is the Teltonika RUT as it also accepts telnet for other common ports not setup on the bridged router or in RUT NAT firewall pre-defined settings, ie 444, 9222, 5656,3389... not setup, yet telnet testing says "Im Listening" on those ports.

What I am looking for is a full bridge mode without firewall interference, much like the draytek120 VDSL units for bridging copper to router... something in the RUT just isnt allowing the true passthrough of data while I have checked bridge mode and/or used passthrough over two nights of testing, both net the same result of not passing raw data requests to bridge client/router.

3 And as the ports are not being passed directly in bridgemode, IPSEC VPN is also not possible with bridged router currently using the RUT.

Also, I am getting a true public dynamic IP and verified the IP matches the obtained IP on the RUT vs external lookup connection (not a mobile provider double nat) using the APN "direct"

Any direction be good, Ive lost a good amount of hours on this project and wanting this to be a valid option for my clients as a backup connectivity tool, but until I get a true bridge mode its a hard sell."

So it seems the main problem here is that Port Forwards are not passing through the RUT240's despite being on Passthrough or Bridge Modes.

Anyone have some ideas here?

Cheers

Charles

by
I have the same issue.  Did you get this working?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

We have checked bridge mode with latest release (https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/RUT2xx_Firmware) and seems working.

Could you clarify your issue? How we could reproduce it?
by anonymous

Customer say:

Try and telnet a port that is not open on a bridged router/client. If answer is open and telnet connects, then the RUT is answering regardless of bridge setup
Try and ssh into client port forwarding behind bridged router (or the router/client itself if direct without port forwarding) or use a simple webserver port 80 test oe windows rdp.
Obviously the test must be working with router prior to using RUT bridge to eliminate any setup failings or paths below wan connection (ie, if it works on DSL or fibre, should be able to replicate with bridge RUT)