FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
960 views 2 comments
by

Hello, I have a question how to connect the ignition switch to the device Teltonika RUT955 ? 
I would like to ask for documentation.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

What exactly do you want to accomplish? I.e.:

a) do you want router to be powered only when vehicles ignition is on? If yes -> Simply connect vehicles Ignition and ground wires to device's power socket (+ / -)

b) do you want router to be constantly powered from vehicles battery and have vehicles ignition connected to one of router's inputs (either Analog input or Digital input)?

by
Hello,

What I would like to do is the "b" plan of the above.  I need my RUT955 to be constantly powered from vehicle battery and using "Ignition" signal from my car to be able to delay my router shutdown/power off.  Can you help us on this?

Thanks for your time
by anonymous

Hello,

RUT955 does not have "Sleep mode" functionality, therefore it cannot be shutdown/powered off from software side. I.e. If you would connect voltage to the router, router will be powered on as long as this voltage is maintained. Triggering router's inputs would have no effect (would not turn the router off)

For such solution you would need to use additional external device - relay with timer, so that relay could still be active (and power on the router) for certain amount of time after ignition is lost.