FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,888 views 3 comments
by anonymous

Hi,

In my current work, we have a quite lot of routers and models and the routers that we bought after June (RUT950/RUT955) starts having some network issues. These are some issues that we're facing:

• It gets a connection from our network provider, but the router is denying the connection
  • We're sending ICMP packages (ping) and time in time we start getting connection fail, but from the network provider the signal is ok and it's connected 
  • Switching between network providers (tele2 and T-Mobile) quite often
  • The WebUI is taking ~10 minutes to be accessible. Via ICMP (ping) we can reach a few seconds after turn on
  • On logs sometimes the "Network Type" is "Unknown" and "Mobile Data" is "Mobile data connected: N/A". What does it mean?
  • The routers don't connect into LTE networks, just "Joined 3G WCDMA"
  • The firmware version is RUT9XX_R_00.06.04.5

Could you assist me with these issues?

Thanks in advance

Matheus Lozano

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Can You please provide router in question product code and country where are You using it?

Can You also check if autoAPN feature are selecting correct APN (WebUI -> Network -> Mobile)

Regards
by anonymous
Hello IpMan,

Did you get the private message that I sent to you last week?
0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

I had almost the same problem described: https://community.teltonika-networks.com/10918/rut955-lte-problem?show=10988#c10988

Few times I was able enable connection via LTE by manual fixing LTE band. In our Operator used band are 1, 3, 5, 7 and 20, I've check one by one band from the the list and it work. Unfortunately it worked only till first reboot.

Best regards,
Grzegorz

by anonymous
Hello,

It seems to be the same problem that we have. Did you get any feedback after sending the troubleshooting file to them?

Best regards,

Matheus
by anonymous
Hello,

no, not at all. I sent them another troubleshoot file and have one extra prepared but there is no answer from Teltonika R&D.

We have found that it is combined problem of Telotnika and Operatora (as I mentioned - Operator told us that it is modem installed into routers fault).
When we took SIM of Teltonika (broken) router and put it into other device the SIM card registered to network. Few times that SIMcard worked into broken router after putting it back but only till first reboot. It look like SIM card could not be registered to network in these Teltonika routers (we have few of them) only in these specific location (BTS: LTE's bands dependent).

We've asked Operator if they are blocking devices or SIMcards - the answer was: no.

In my personale opinion the problem is with LTE bands that Teltonika routers does not recognize well and cannot register to networks.
We made a test and took one broken router out of BTS range when the router works fine in other LTE channel. But when we took it back to the station the router again could not connect to network (with and without APN). We check other Teltonika router with that SIMcard and it worked fine at the first try... same with mobile phone test.

Because of some reason these Teltonika routers do not deal with automatic change of network channels.
Event when we fixed the channels at WebGUI, it does not help.

Best regards,
Grzegorz