FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,044 views 4 comments
by
I am using the RMS to connect to the CLI in my router RUT950 (last firmware version) and the CLI session expires in less than a minute...

3 Answers

+1 vote
by anonymous
Hello,

We will be extending the time until a CLI session expires this November.
Best answer
+1 vote
by anonymous
Hi,

Yes, after 1 minute of idle time the session expires. Currently there is no possibility to change the timeout but I'll make a suggestion for RnD to add this option to RMS in the future.
by anonymous
Does it mean that I have to setup an OpenVPN server/client? I tried that but cannot find out the router public IP address, therefore the remote parameter in the client configuration does not work...
by anonymous

Not all routers have a public IP address. It's usually a paid service provided by Internet Service Providers (ISP). If you're not paying for such a service, then you probably don't have a public IP address. If you do, you can check by logging in to the WebUI and it should be visible in the Overview page, WAN widget.

There's some information on public/private IPs on Teltonika Wiki.

by anonymous
Ok, so which other options do I have to connect remotely to my router? Because for dynamicDNS I also need a public IP...
by anonymous

All remote control and monitoring options for RUT950 are described here. But to sum up, you need remote CLI access, so your options are:

• Public IP
  • Access to a VPN server for both your PC and router
  • RMS

You said you don't have a public IP and RMS CLI isn't working out for you, so basically only the second option remains. I suggest either looking into VPN service providers or wait for a response from our RnD on whether they can add a scalable timeout and long it would take.

Also, they say that they will be extending the timeout  in November, so that may be worth considering.

+2 votes
by anonymous
Update: the timeout is now unlimited.