FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,031 views 5 comments
by anonymous
Hello,

It seems that the OpenVPN service doesn't restart after a reboot for the RUT955 with a mobile connexion.

I set a periodic reboot at 23:00 and the IP address changes after the reboot. I suppose that is is the reason.

The router is connected to Internet thru Mobile. The IP provided by the APN is private because IPv4 public addresses are almost depleted,

I have no choice: DDNS cannot be used, only OpenVPN.

The router is an OpenVPN client and it knows the IP address of the remote machine (OpenVPN server).

It should restart correctly ?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

It should restart even without 'keep alive'. Can you provide a Troubleshoot file taken from the router after reboot when the connection does not establish?
by anonymous
Sent as private message.

I reject ICMP messages on my "openvpn server": that could be the reason ? I don't think so.

In which log file the wrong service startings are logged, especially openvpn   ?
by anonymous
No, probably not the reason since, according to the Troubleshoot file, the OpenVPN interface isn't up and the service doesn't even seem to attempt a connection.

My guess is some of the other configurations are interfering with service. Does OpenVPN start if you restart it manually? Does it successfully start with the current configuration?
by anonymous
Yes, I open the config and click save without modifications: the service is starting.

And succcessfully with the config.
by anonymous
Hm, then this is very strange. I can't see what could be preventing the service from starting, but it's probably something in the configuration because it starts for me every time. I'm giving the Troubleshoot to Teltonika's RnD for analysis. When I get more information, I will respond on this thread.
by anonymous
Yes, it's strange: I tested during two days and the service starts correctly !

I will send you a trouble file in case.

Rgds,