FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
2,027 views 4 comments
by

Hello,

I just received a RUTx11, and updated its firmware to version RUTX_R_00.02.00.2.

I was looking in the DHCP settings for the option to assign a reserved IP address to a client based on its MAC address. This is an option available is almost all "standard routers" and I was disappointed to not find it on the RUTx11. 

I there any chance this will come out very soon ?

Sebastien

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

Sorry it's not there yet, but it will come out with the next FW release. Can't say when exactly, but I hear it will be in the next couple of weeks.

If the functionality is crucial to you, you can still configure it using SSH/CLI. To configure a static lease, use these commands:

• uci add dhcp host
  • uci set dhcp.@host[-1].name="mypc"
  • uci set dhcp.@host[-1].mac="11:22:33:44:55:66 aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff"
  • uci set dhcp.@host[-1].ip="x.x.x.x"
  • uci commit dhcp
  • /etc/init.d/dnsmasq restart
  • /etc/init.d/odhcpd restart
If you're looking for additional info on the subject, you can find it in the links below:
by
Wonderful ! Thanks for this quick reply.

Sebastien
by anonymous

Hey guys  smiley

Fisrt post and really loving the X11 so far! Totally outshines my previous flagship ASUS which just kept dropping the LTE connection, well it actually managed to completely lose the LTE Config page/settings (crazy stuff lol). Going to be reccomending Teltonika to all yes.

Assigning and naming clients is a extremely important to me and am pretty shocked it is not available yet... frown

@Dziugas mentions that a new update was a couple of weeks away five weeks back. I am not one to ask for release dates as I know how these thigs go etc. but does anyone have a rough idea as to how much longer it may be please? Only asking as I have a lot of config to do and do not really want to have to double my efforts as such so may hold off the full adventure until this function is available with theh next update.

Also is there any sort of Beta program for the f/w please?

Thank You!

Mark.

by anonymous
Well, I said it will be in the next release, but it turns out that's incorrect too. The next release will be soon, but it won't have the "LAN as WAN" feature. I'm informed that RNS is making WAN-to-LAN bridging, but that will likely be no earlier than spring, 2020.
by anonymous
LAN as WAN feature? Is this the same thing as assigning Names/IP addresses?