FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
689 views 1 comments
by anonymous
Hello I wanto to include my RUT230 as a VPN client inside my VPN. VPN server is working, I've added different clients (MAC, Linux and Android) which use the .ovpn key generated by the command pivpn -a nopass under my linux VPN server. I've seen different guides on internet to splitt the .ovpn file in order to be included inside the RUT230 (ca.crt, client.crt and client.key).

Looking at the my Status-Network-OpenVPN tab I can see that IP, Mask, Time are N/A.

As I can see inside the .ovpn the ca.crt and client.crt seem Ok but under the <key>/</key> part I can see:

-----BEGIN PRIVATE KEY-----

..... (my private key)

-----END PRIVATE KEY-----

and not

-----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY-----

..... (my private key)

-----END RSA PRIVATE KEY-----

as I can see in some examples. Further more my .ovpn config file inludes a <tls-crypt></tls-crypt> part as well.

Can you help me?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

Have you tried to upload openvpn config file directly to router?:

Best answer
by anonymous
Hi,

looking at your suggestion helped me to understand that my firmware was old. After update the router has been able to accept the .ovpn config file and finally the RUT230 has been included in my VPN. Thanks