FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
635 views 2 comments
by

Hi

I recently upgrade to fw version 6.05.1 but I am detecting to much DHCP lease request. (clear upgrade. not keep old cfg)

I have a simple configuration with 3G/4G SIM as main WAN connection (no backup) , static leases table and no extra complex configuration. (just reboot all Monday at 4:00 and simple ping reboot)

I saw lot of DHCP entries.  Is it normal?  Could it overflow some kind of buffer and force a Reset or lock RUT webpage?

last weekend I saw multiple lease request from same device and on Overview screen does not update 3G mobile Status. all information was as N/A or simillar, BUT 3G connection was very slow but working.  Need to power OFF/ON to return "normal" situation, but DHCP leases are here again.

today latest events

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

I saw lot of DHCP entries.  Is it normal?  Could it overflow some kind of buffer and force a Reset or lock RUT webpage?

It's normal if the client devices are moving around (both physically and in between other access points). It shouldn't be an issue with the router, because the clients are the ones requesting leases. And no, it shouldn't cause any problems to the RUT.

by

ThankU very much.

Devices are not moving,   smiley  not more than 10-15m around RUT., and signal is great.

Could be that they are entering to low power, or something like that, and when wake up they request DHCP again?

RUT is alone and is the main router for my home. Devices can not switch to another "radio/wifi extender".

Anyway, thankU for your answer.

by anonymous

Could be that they are entering to low power, or something like that, and when wake up they request DHCP again?

I suggest you look up the specifications of individual devices that you use to find out whether they have such a feature or not. :)