FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
727 views 2 comments
by anonymous
I have enabled SNMP on my RUT240 and I am not able to retrieve SNMP responses. Using TCPdump I can see the GetRequest come in on the WAN/Mobile interface but no reply.  Within the LAN I can send and receive SNMP requests.  I believe this is a firewall issue but I can't figure out how to fix it.

Thanks

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

If you're connecting from WAN, you need to enable remote access in the SNMP configuration:

Doing this will add the necessary firewall exception.

by anonymous
I did that and it did not make a difference.  Do you have a screenshot of the firewall rule? Maybe I can enter it manually.
by anonymous

Should generate a rule like this:

It's in the Network → Firewall → Traffic Rules page. You can add rules manually from the same place. However, I tested this and the rule was generated automatically + remote SNMP works afterwards. If it doesn't, before you create the rule manually I suggest to upgrade to the latest FW version, as I didn't experience any issues testing with this one.

0 votes
by

Hi,

If after enabling remote access your router still only receives SNMP requests, but does not send replies, in WebUI go to Services > Firewall > Traffic Rules. Check if SNMP rule is really enabled

If it is, and issue persists, create new rule with similar parameters.

Do not forget, that original rule will be automatically disabled, when you disable SNMP remote access, but rule that you create manually will stay active.