FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
629 views 3 comments
by anonymous
We have a RUT240 with trial RMS licence activated and everything was working ok. We shipped unit to remote site and during transit the trial licence expired. We activated a paid licence and applied it to RMS now the unit remains offline even though the unit works and the users can access the internet the device remains offline.
by anonymous
I have the exact same scenario its been unaccessible for a few weeks. It still serves up network so 4G connection works.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

• Login to the WebUI
  • Navigate to the System → Administration → RMS page
  • Click the 'Connect' button.
by anonymous
We thought the whole point of RMS is that it did not need access to the device once it had been enabled - the unit is in a remote site in an inaccessible location (to prevent theft or animal attack) with no technical expertise to access the WebUI - it is not documented that if the license expires then once you activate add new credit and activate then you have to initiate the RMS connection from the device. That seems a pointless and counter-intuitive process.
by anonymous

We thought the whole point of RMS is that it did not need access to the device once it had been enabled

It is. After some failed attempts to connect, it tries the connection less frequently to conserve data usage (it's all explained here). What I suggested to you would make the connection instant. But if it was enabled previously, it should connect automatically, it will just take longer.

If it doesn't connect at all (even after, for example, 24 hours), then that's another issue. In that case, could you please send me the router's serial number via private message?