FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+3 votes
3,401 views 21 comments
by
Hi there,

I wonder if you could share when will Wireguard support come to RUTX11 or RutOS in general ? In February Vilmantas1 wrote that "it's coming in few months", but it's still not the case 10 months later.

P.S. Good job on the GUI in the new RUTX series!

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

It's done on RUT9xx, but not yet fully tested. I can see that it's still under development for RUTX.

Anyway, in both cases there is no due date as it is not a high priority project. So, I can't say when it will be out exactly, but it will most likely not be the next FW release for either platform.

If you also have a RUT9 router(s), best I can do for now is offer a test version of the FW with Wireguard implemented. (As I've mentioned previously, it's not yet fully tested, so it might be buggy, but it could give you a chance to try it out to see if it suits your needs.)
by
Hi Dziugas,

I do have one RUT950 installed, but it does not need Wireguard at the moment, so I'll wait for official support in RUTX.

Please consider bumping Wireguard support up in the priority list, since massively improved speed and latency (vs OpenVPN) is a huge plus for low powered devices and would make your products stand out in the market.

Looking forward! Sekmes.
by anonymous
Hi Dziugas,

I have a running RUT950 with a permanent openvpn tunnel between Sweden and Germany. If you can send me the test image, I can try to get it running and make some comparative measurements.

I can do this until the 6th Jan. later I am away from the router and the risk is to high :-)

BR

Nico
by
Hi,

i have RUT950 too, and i'll be more than happy to test wireguard on it. If it is possible please send me the test firmware.

br

rk
by
Hi,

Have a RUT955 and would very much like to test your wireguard implementation.

Kindly

Magnus
by
I have 2 RUT950's and would also like wireguard implemented. I would like to test the firmware and compare throughput to OpenVPN.
by anonymous
Hello,

Wireguard will be added to all Teltonika's devices which have package manager 2020 may.
by anonymous

Is there a beta/test package we can use now to get RUTX working with Wireguard?

root@Teltonika-RUTX11:~# opkg install wireguard

Installing wireguard (0.0.20190601-1) to root...

Downloading http://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/18.06.4/packages/arm_cortex-a7_neon-vfpv4/base/wireguard_0.0.20190601

-1_arm_cortex-a7_neon-vfpv4.ipk

Collected errors:

* satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for wireguard:

* kernel (= 4.14.131-1-010b32e6fa40a9fbb80e18acebab96c4)

* opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package wireguard.              

by anonymous

RUTX11 with firmware RUTX_R_00.02.03.1 still without wireguard support.
There is any preview date when will be released?

Thanks
Andrea

by anonymous

commented Mar 23 by justinasm

Hello,

Wireguard will be added to all Teltonika's devices which have package manager 2020 may.

its June now.. any progress?.

there are no wireguard package in package-manager in GUI or opkg.

running: FW ver.: RUT2XX_R_00.01.12.3

Linux Teltonika-RUT240.com 3.18.44 #1 Mon Jun 15 07:45:00 UTC 2020 mips GNU/Linux

by anonymous
Hi,

WireGuard is going to be released with the new RutOS firmware tomorrow.

EB.
by
Still no new version for the RUT950...?
by
Still no update for RUT955.
by

There is still no new RutOS firmware available.

and no WireGuard package in 'package manager'.

Current Firmware Information
Firmware version RUT2XX_R_00.01.12.3
Firmware Available On Server
Firmware version No update available.

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT240_Firmware_Downloads still says:

Firmware Version Changelog
Latest FW* RUT2XX_R_00.01.12.3 2020.06.15
When is 'tomorrow'? ;)=
or is it more like.. 'Free beer tomorrow' ?
by anonymous
By RutOS we meant all TRB and RUTX devices. For other than those two series, WireGuard is still not available.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

EB.
by
is it in roadmap for RUT2Xx?

if so, and any timeline for that?
by anonymous
It's in the testing stage right now, but I can't tell if it's coming out with the next RUT2xx firmware or later. So summing up - work in progress.

EB.
by
Hello ErnestasB,

Do you have any update concerning the release of a firmware for RUT2XX including WireGuard?

Thank you very much.
by anonymous

HI!

We would also appreciate any update on a firmware release including Wireguard for the RUT9x series.

Thank you very much in advance.

by
Hello,

We are also eagerly waiting an update including Wireguard for the RUT9xx series.

thank you in advance
by anonymous
Hi,

It is planned to release WireGuard as a package in package manager with a new 6.7 firmware update coming to RUT9 series devices.

EB.
by anonymous
Hi,

cool! Do you happen to have an ETA on the update? We're right in the middle of implementing a VPN solution and we rather wouldn't set-up OpenVPN first when Wireguard is right around the corner ;-)

Best,

Curd