FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
+1 vote
699 views 0 comments
by
Hi,

I have two RUT995 routers (T03020 and T033C0).

Both routers have the Factory FW RUT9XX_R_00.06.05.1 installed.

Only RUT995T033C0 is able to mount USB-Harddisks with ext4. RUT955T03020 is unable to mount ext4 because the crc32c driver can't load.

The only difference I can see between them is the Bootloader.

RUT955T033C0: Bootloader 3.1.0

RUT955T03020: Bootloader 3.0.1

Looking at https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/RUT9xx_Firmware the latest bootloader version is 3.0.1

So my obvious question here is,

How come two seemingly the same routers have different bootloaders installed? And how can I get the ability to mount ext4 on the other (RUT955T03020) router.

Regards,

Markoetie

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Since they're under different product codes, they could have easily been manufactured at different dates. And in between that time the factory bootloader must have changed.

From hardware and software perspectives T03020 and T033C0 are identical in every way. Only difference is what's contained in each package (one has GPS antenna and DIN Rail, the other does not).

So it could be due to the bootloader. I'll see what I can do to get the latest version uploaded to the Wiki. I'll respond back to you later regarding this.

But it's doubtful. I have the same bootloader version and it works fine. My guess is that this could be a hardware problem.

I suggest you fill out this RMA form and wait for a Teltonika sales manager to contact you. They'll give you some questions from Teltonika's technical support in order to determine whether the device is eligible for repair/replacement.

You can read up more on Teltonika's warranty policy here.