FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
783 views 0 comments
by anonymous

I set up an openvpn server with the following configuration:

When I start it, the following errors are shown in the system log:

disabling NCP mode (--ncp-disable) because not in P2MP client or server mode
        Options error: --client-config-dir/--ccd-exclusive requires --mode server

From these errors it looks as if there is something missing in the configuration file to tell openvpn it is a server that is being started, not a client.

Firmware version is RUT2XX_R_00.01.10

Later: upgraded firmware to RUT2XX_R_00.01.11.2 but errors still there.

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

You've not specified the network's Virtual IP address and netmask. Please configure that part and try again. (For testing purposes you can enter anything. For example, 10.0.0.0 and 255.255.255.0)
0 votes
by anonymous
After entering the data for Virtual IP addess, Virtual network mask and Push option, VPN now working fine. The problem is that the suggested defaults were fine for my test, but that these suggested defaults are not actually saved with the configuration - you have to type them in yourself overwriting the defaults even if the defaults are OK. The system should warn you about this when you save the data as you will always need these parameters to be set.

Otherwise the VPN seems to work nicely!