FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
631 views 2 comments
by
I have a problem, I have a RUT900 router that got into Safe Mode and when I try get out of it -> bootloader update (according to the instructions), so the router completely stopped communicating with me. I can't even join him anymore. Any advice?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

What was the original issue that made you upgrade the bootloader in the first place?

Did you upgrade the firmware or the bootloader itself? If you haven't upgraded the FW, do it now. (Instructions are here.)

If it doesn't work then this could be a warranty case. Fill out this form and wait for Teltonika sales manager to contact via email with further steps. More on Teltonika's warranty policy here.

by

First answer to your question. 

What was the original issue that made you upgrade the bootloader in the first place?

My router got into Safe mode where I found this advice. Where I followed the instructions to Bootloader Upgrade here. After that the router stopped communicating completely.

Did you upgrade the firmware or the bootloader itself?

Yes I did it myself in the wiki tutorial.

I cannot update FW because it will not connect to me according to your instructions. Any more advice before I fill out the form?

by anonymous
Unfortunately, no. The FW upgrade via bootloader is the last step we recommend before returning the router. My guess is the problem was caused either by the new bootloader not being compatible with the FW (if it was an old FW), something going wrong during the upgrade or whatever caused the router to fall into safe mode.