FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,799 views 1 comments
by
I can't get client computers using the Check Point Endpoint Security client to create VPN tunnels to an external firewall when behind a RUT950. The RUT950 uses 4G with a public IP address and the clients have no problems connecting to Internet through the RUT950. In the logs of the external firewall I can see some traffic from the clients. It seems the VPN client uses UDP 4500 and TCP 443 to negotiate and setup the tunnels. The Check Point Endpoint Security client gives the error "No response from gateway for 1st packet.".

Could it be that the RUT950's VPN services are "highjacking" the return traffic to the clients, thinking the external firewall is trying to set up a VPN to the RUT950? If that is the case, can I disable the RUT950 VPN services somehow?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

I don't think the router is interfering unless you have configured some specific firewall rules that might. Also, if haven't configured any VPNs on the router, then there's nothing to disable because the default settings do not contain any active VPN configurations.

Could you send me the router's Troubleshoot file via private message? Perhaps I might see something that could be causing this in the configs or logs. It can be downloaded from the WebUI, System → Administration → Troubleshoot page.

Also, a tcpdump file might be even more helpful for this analysis. But I'm not sure I get the full picture of your case. Could you draw and share a topology of your solution? I could then tell you how to configure tcpdump to a packet capture, which might tell us more about the issue.

by anonymous

Hi again,

Thank you for answering. I did send you a PM with the troubleshooting file and also a TCPdump. 

The topology is: [VPN client] (10.100.100.103) ----- (10.100.100.1) [RUT950] (4G public IP) ----- Internet ----- (195.x.x.x) [External VPN FW]

Thank you so far!

Regards,

Niklas