FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
2,438 views 5 comments
by
Hi,

Is it OK to use RUT955 with a 3/4g sim (non-static IP), connecting to a codesys PLC (i.e. Schneider M241 PLC),  to access the webserver inside the PLC (i.e., Codesys Webvisu inside M241 PLC)?

Thanks

JPL

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi,

I see you've added OpenVPN and remote access as tags to this thread. So, I assume RUT955 will be an OpenVPN client, the PLC connected to the RUT955's LAN and you and you want to access it from the other side of the OpenVPN, right?

If so, then it's very simple. Just establish the OpenVPN connection and configure Port Forwarding from OpenVPN to the web server (port 80, I presume).

by
Hi Dziugas,

Thanks very for your answer. I am new to use RUT955.

My goal is: use mobile phone to access webserver inside the PLC at a remote site.

at remote site with PLC: PLC connect to A- RUT955`s LAN port. A-RUT955 as OpenVPN client. A-RUT955 has a 3/4g sim.

Is mobile phone could visit A-RUT955 directly?

Or is there a cloud service can be act as OpenVPN server?

Or I need another B- RUT955 to act as OpenVPN server, so that A-RUT 955 OpenVPN client link to B-RUT955, and mobile phone to visit B-RUT955? B-RUT955 as a bridge between mobile phone and A- RUT955? B-RUT955 located in our office. Internet cable connects to WAN port of B-RUT955?

Thanks.
by anonymous

Or is there a cloud service can be act as OpenVPN server?

I'm positive there are many such services, but I don't feel qualified in recommending anything since I've not tried them myself.

Your setup is very simple. So, I recommend the simplest way: use Teltonika's RMS. You can configure remote access to devices connected to the RUT955's LAN (instructions are here) and RMS can be used on a phone as well as a computer.

If you have already bought the router, you can test this yourself anytime. RMS has a monthly fee, but the first month is free, which should be enough to conduct any tests. You fill find a beginner's guide here.

by
Hi Dziugas,

I have just registered a RMS account to use the RUT955. I will try to use it.

Would you please help to answer:

1) Where I can find price for monthly fee for using RMS? I am in Ireland.

2) If the web server inside the remote PLC has a IP address of 192.168.1.10. To access this web sever on a local PC with LAN access to PLC, I need to type the following address in the local PC's web browser  http://192.168.1.10:8080/websisu.htm.

When I have the remote PLC connects to a LAN port of RUT955, and have a 3/4g SIM into the RUT955 for internet connection, and with correct RMS settings, is this OK to remotely visit PLC's web server   http://192.168.1.10:8080/websisu.htm

And how to access the PLC web server from a remote PC or iPad?

Thanks.
by anonymous

1) I can't comment on prices. For that you would have to contact the seller that provides RMS credits. There are a few options for that:

• Simplest way is to contact one of the official providers. The entire list is here: https://teltonika-networks.com/product/rms/#where_to_buy
  • Depending on where you bought the device, the seller might also provide RMS credits.
  • If you got the device from Teltonika directly, you can contact your sales manager regarding credits and their price.

2) Yes, but have to create a remote access link with RMS.

• Scroll up to the top menu bar, hover the cursor over the 'Actions' menu and click on 'Access' in the drop-down:

• And a new row by clicking the 'plus' symbol and configure it like this:

• Then locate your router in the list again and click the 'Device details' button:

• In the next page, look for the 'Device Access' table and locate the created link:

• Then in the next dialog box, click 'Generate New' and a link to your PLC will appear:

And that's it. You can use the link to access the PLC's web server from any machine, anywhere (as long as the link is active). If the link expires, you can log in to RMS (also from any device, anywhere) and generate a new one. You can also change the duration of the link to make it available for longer periods of time.

by
Hello,

I have same problem with RUT955. When I use the link to access the PLC´s web server, open new browser tab and it´s white screen only. What is wrong in the router settings?

T:TP