FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,297 views 5 comments
by
I am working with RUT955 f/ware RUT9XX_R_00.06.04.3. I have checked 'enabled' for RS232 in 'Modem' mode (9600 baud 7 bits, even parity) but cannot get any response from RUT with or without flow control. The DSR and CTS outputs are both being held 'off' (low state) when RTS/CTS flow control is enabled, so it appears the port is not actually being enabled. DTR and RTS inputs are being held true. Have I missed something to enable serial port operation ?

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

Have you tried to use latest router firmware version RUT9XX_R_00.06.05.3 https://wiki.teltonika.lt/view/RUT955_Firmware_Downloads?

by
Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion. There was nothing in the changelog referring to RS232 which is why I had not tried this before.

The file at the link for 00.06.05.3 is RUTX_R_00-02_00.2-single.bin and would not install.

The current factory version ( ... 00.06.05.1_WEBUI.bin) installs ok (MD5 confirmed) but behaves the same as 06.04.3.

When I set up the serial parameters and click on 'save' the page complains about email settings not being valid, although email is definitely not enabled and not required. In thsi case the serial settings are not preserved. If I put in dummy values for email settings I can get the page to accept the serial setup and apparently keep these settings over a logout or reboot, though it behaves oddly after clicking 'save' and hangs until I go to a different page and then come back. I can't see any reason email settings should affect RS232 setup, or why it should need access to an email server for RS232 to function.
by anonymous
Hi again,

Result! After rolling back to 06.04.3, reinstalling 06.05.1 and also resetting the Mobile configuration, the RS232 setup menu page started working normally, accepted my serial settings without argument and the serial port is now working as expected. Why it didn't take first time, and apparently required mobile connectivity when it did, I can't guess. But it's now up and running, so thanks again for the advice.
by anonymous

Hello,

Sorry, wrong file was uploaded in wiki page. Use this link to download latest FW version: https://kaunas.teltonika.lt:444/f/b6a03c5940874f76bbe8/?dl=1

Talking about RS232 issue, can you upload printscreen with error message? Also, it would be great if send and router troubleshoot file as well.

by anonymous

Hi Tomas,

Thank you for the link - I have downloaded that file for future use.

Unfortunately I did not take a printscreen of the original error messages and the router now appears to be working as expected so they are no longer visible. Before this, the router had been displaying all the serial port options (that is, for every possible serial mode, as well as the email setup fields) on a single page, and apparently attempting to verify them all before saving them. The email verification errors appeared with email checkbox disabled and presented as a red bar near the top of the page, with text on it naming the field and describing the apparent error - ie it was part of the web page design rather than a system error message.

I have another task to finish today and I don't have a record of a troubleshoot file from when the RS232 was malfunctioning; but I still have a few things to check out with the router in its practical application so when I get back to that I shall take a look for the file and post it.

by anonymous
Ok. post troubleshoot file when you get that issue again. It helps a lot when trying to find what is happening.