FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,329 views 2 comments
by anonymous
I have been looking at the wiki and I do not understand how to achieve the following:

I have a LAN connected to my VPN server (router1). Then I add my Teltonika RUTX09 to connect to the Internet and I need it to allow the VPN to pass-through it. What configuration do I need for such case?

Many thanks!

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, do I understand correctly?

Internet >> RUTx09 >> VPN server?

In this case you need to configure port forwarding for whatever port you are using.

Port differs between VPN protocols, for example, OpenVPN by default uses port 1149, pptp uses port 1723 etc...

Example of port forwarding in RUTx:

Please note that internal IP address must be an IP address of your VPN server.

by anonymous
Hi Peasant,

Many thanks for your answer. I assume that by creating a traffic rule for VPN traffic on the specific port, is exactly the same as doing the port-forwarding.

The other case that I am considering is to have   VPNServer>>Internet>>RUTx09>>RouterVPNClient. For this case, would I need a different configuration? or just by setting the port forwarding I would be okay?

Thanks!
by anonymous
By configuring traffic rules you are opening ports to a router itself, but not forwarding them to server that is behind RUTx09.

You must use port forwarding to reach the server that is behind a router.

Regarding your other case, no special configuration should be needed, not even port forwarding, it should just work.