FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
906 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hi!

My rut 950 is equipped with a sim card and a wan connection.

When I now view the logs, I constantly see an event type 'backup'. The router switches to main WAN (wired) several times per hour to fall back to the backup WAN (mobile) and back again.

I am pretty sure that the internet connection has not dropped out in the meantime. How can I prevent this?

Under menu WAN I have set: Main wan wired and mobile as WAN failover.
by anonymous
Hi,

Solution suggested by Justin to increase health monitor interval and attempts before failover is viable when there are short disconnects due to unstable internet connectivity.

PM me with troubleshoot package from your device, I'll look into device log's as there might be some clues of what's causing this behavior. Troubleshoot can be downloaded in WebUI -> System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot
by anonymous

Dear ,

Recently I sent you the logging, but until now I have received no response.

It is a serious problem for us, because we have 10 routers where we have to work according to this method.

I hope to hear from you soon.

by anonymous

Hi,

It's needed for you to enable the private message service, while trying to open your message with a troubleshoot I get the notification "User BVL has disabled private messages".

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hi Mate,

See attached images. Make sure the Wired WAN is select as 'Main' using the radio button.

Then select edit on the Wire WAN (to the right) and make the 'Health Monitor Interval' higher. Also make the 'Attempts before failover' higher.

Also make sure you can resolve to whatever address youve got in there, i use google (8.8.8.8), cant remember if that was default or not.

0 votes
by anonymous
hi there,

I have just completed the adjustment