FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
648 views 2 comments
by
Hello Assistance.Or others

I need information about one particolar configuration in WAN MAIN and WAN BACKUP.

In wam main wired mode is active i need one alert when the WAN BACKUP LTE connection is on standby and has some problem like .... credit over or other problem with the LTE line is UP but cannot surf the Internet. Maybe a pin to an 8.8.8.8 or another server but when the WAN BACK UP is not working? It's possible? can you tell me which is the right configuration?
by anonymous
If your RUT is in the Wired WAN mode, i believe the LTE modem sleeps, so it would be unable to test to see if the internet is working over LTE.

You could however have an alert emailed when the LTE modem goes active due to the Wired WAN failing.

But if both the Wired WAN and LTE have no internet connection, how would the unit communicate...? If you're out of credit for example, it wouldnt be able to send an sms either...

Quite difficult to understand you're post and what you're actually asking.
by
Thanks for the reply.

I'll explain. I need that, when the WAN MAIN (in my case WIRED) is running, I can know if the BACKUP LINE (LTE) is ready to work in case of need or has some problems. Example no credit, problems with the sim card, or anothers.

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous

Hello,

In such a scenario there the main WAN is wired and backup is mobile you can configure events reporting rule which will send you an email when the router disconnects from mobile network. To configure the rule go to WebUI Status > Events Log > Events reporting and choose event type “Mobile data”.