FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
367 views 2 comments
by
Hello at all,

I want to buy a RU240 or a RU950, but I don't know which one is the best for my need.

Need / configuration I want to do:
- Insert only 1 SIM (ILIAD telephone operator, "Italy")
- In up, no modem will be connected, I will use the internet only with the Teltonika device with the 4G SIM
- I need to connect 3 devices to this device
   1 Electronic cash register (with LAN)
   1 POS (with LAN)
   1 Notebook (with lan or with wi-fi, is the same)

Questions:
- Which of the 2 devices do you recommend?
- If I take RU240 can I use a switch to connect the cash register and the POS in LAN?
- Are these devices suitable for my needs? (I remember that I don't have a modem and I don't have a fixed line)

Thanksss

1 Answer

+1 vote
by anonymous
Hi,

RUT240 can have 2 working LAN ports as default there is only 1 LAN port and 1 WAN port. But this WAN port can be used as a normal LAN port. So the two device (Electronic cash register, and POS) will be enough and for the laptop connectivity you can use the Wireless network for that. Also you are only going to insert one sim card so RUT240 will be enough. Also you main goal is to provide network connectivity to the devices right?

So RUT240 will be the best device in your scenario.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Jerome
Best answer
by
Thanks for the valuable comment, I did not know that also in 240 I could turn the wan port into lan port!
Reasoning well, I still preferred to take the 950 so I can also connect 1 notebook in LAN and keep the WI-FI disabled.

I hope teltonika realizes that these fantastic routers are also good for private individuals and that it builds something cheaper and that it is somewhere between 240 and 950.

I also hope the router with 2 sims will arrive soon that will allow you to use them simultaneously, so you can double the Up / Down speed

Thank you very much for your reply!
Regards
by anonymous
Hi,

You're most welcome. And thank you for your feedback :)

Regarding the router that is capable to use 2 sims at the same time maybe in the near future it will be developed

Thanks again

Regards,
Jerome