FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
757 views 1 comments
by
Hi,

Using a RUT240 router with latest firmware, an SMS with content "adminpassword status" does not return any status SMS. The SMS is received by RUT240 (according to the web interface -> "SMS Management" section).

Note: a command like "adminpassword reboot" does have the effect of rebooting the device, but no status SMS is received after the reboot (as advertised by the documentation).

Also note that if I send an SMS to my phone from RUT240's web interface, this SMS is received by my phone (and I see it in my Machine2Machine provider's web interface).

Best regards!

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Unfortunately, I’m unable to reproduce issue. Please try to send few SMS text:

admin01 monitoring_status

admin01 status

Note: <<admin01>> is default RUT password and should be replaced by your admin password.

Then download “Troubleshoot file” from your device (WebUI -> System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot). Send it to me via private message.

Regards

Best answer
by anonymous
The cause for the problem was that the SMS sender's phone number was hidden (when sent from a M2M provider's web interface), thus the Teltonika router was unable to reply.