FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
556 views 1 comments
by
Hi,

I have some rut240's setup using only. I was experiencing signal issues on the wifi, even with units close to each other. I foudn a posting, that referenced being able to turn of the 4g modem from even starting up on boot, as that maybe causing my issue.  I followed the inctruction and the signal for the wif was great. the units have since been deployed to site, but one hjas been accidently factory reset.

I am trying to find the instruction again that will enable me to disbale the 4g modem from starting, has anyone else seen this instruction or know what i need to do?
by anonymous

hi,

could you share more details on these topics?:

- I foudn a posting, that referenced being able to turn of the 4g modem from even starting up on boot, as that maybe causing my issue.  

What is your main issue and when and how it appears? How we could reproduce it?

- I followed the inctruction and the signal for the wif was great. 

About what that instruction was? Perhaps you remember what and where was changed?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

If I understand correctly, you're having issue with router's WiFi, which is solved by disabling router's mobile modem?

To disable router's mobile modem on its boot process, navigate to System -> User Scripts and enter following command before "exit 0" line:
/etc/init.d/modem stop
After that save configuration and reboot the device, router's modem should not be active after the reboot.

But it is quite unusual that router's mobile module is causing WiFi connection issue. Maybe you could provide router's troubleshoot file?
It can be downloaded from router's WebUI (System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot) and should be downloaded once the issue is present.
Once you have troubleshoot file, please send it to me via private message.