FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
724 views 3 comments
by

I have spent quite a few hours trying to get my RUT950 to connect to my VPN Provider (Surfshark) - without any luck.

I tried using all the config requirements for a Client/UDP setup on their support page, along with the CA and the Key files. There is no Client Certificate file. I then spent more than an hour online with the support team trying different things, to no avail. The advised the Client certificate isn't necessary. Support ended up telling me it wont work with Teltonika router. Is this plausible? The VPN Connection status is always "Disconnected".

Below is the image of the config which aligns to the providers instructions - and, which, according to the support team, should work.

If there are any suggestions, or other who have successfully setup and rut950 vpn with the same provider - i'd be grateful for any advice.

Thanks!

by
Did you manage OpenVPN yet with Surfshark VPN? I got a L2TP connection with SurfShark now, but would like to configure OpenVPN too.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Enable OpenVPN config from file and then try uploading Surfshark ovpn configuration file.
by

Hi there,

Thanks for your answer.
Unfortunately I have tried his as well, with various different OVPN server config files that i have downloaded from Surfshark, both UDP and TLS versions - and whenever I do so, on the OpenVPN Configuration Summary screen - the TUN/TAP - Protocol - Port fields all show "Not Available" after having uploaded the ovpn file.

FWIW, when I configure manually, the TUN/TAP - Protocol - Port fields display their relevant setting ie. tun - udp - 1194 .in the Summary screen

In both cases - with the VPN enabled, when I check the status under Status > Network > OpenVPN tab, it always shows "Disconnected".

by anonymous
Could you send me a troubleshoot file via private message? You can find it by going to SYSTEM > ADMINISTRATION > TROUBLESHOOT. Before you download it, please try connecting to server, wait for a few minutes and only then download it.