FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
334 views 1 comments
by

Hi. I am no expert but am struggling with what I thought was the most basic set up.

My aim is to have the wired WAN as the main internet connection and failover to mobile WAN.

I have connected the WAN port to my home broadband router which is giving out IP address in the usual DHCP way. 

I have also installed a 3g sim - which works perfectly. I want the primary WAN to be wired and then failover to mobile but for some reason the wired WAN just does not work through the the unit. Only the mobile WAN is operating and so it immediatley fails over to the mobile WAN which works fine but not what I want.

The unit is working as a DHCP server (maybe this is the issue) as I can plug other devices in which are then given an IP address.

I've reset the box so it's almost in its default mode other than I switched to failover rather than load balancing - as I have now worked out these are two different set ups. 

I currently have the WAN (wired) protocol  as DHCP

Any help please! I need some sleep soon.... 

1 Answer

0 votes
by
Looks like your Wired WAN IP and router LAN IP are in the same subnet 192.168.1.0 255.255.255.0.

Try changing router LAN IP to different subnet like 192.168.10.0 255.255.255.0

Maybe that will do the trick.
Best answer
by
Not my post but this helped me.  Many thanks.