FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
377 views 1 comments
by anonymous
All,

It looks like that port forwarding is not working for port 8899 while port forwarding for port 8080 works fine. Both ports are forwarded to different IP addresses. When I'm connected on the local network I can connect to the TCP service on port 8899 but from the internet not.

Are there some ports on the RUT240 which are being dropped? I do have a T-Mobile subscription here in the Netherlands.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

RUT series devices do not impose any limitations for usage of port numbers, this issue might be related to limitations of the mobile operators network.

To test it I'd suggest to run "tcpdump -i wwan0 port 8899" in your RUT240's CLI to check if any traffic is even reaching your RUT240.
by
Hello,

I found out that the port was being blocked by the provider. I found a non blocking port. After changing to that port it worked.

Thanks for your support.