FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
523 views 1 comments
by
Hi everyboby,

i'm trying to connect my RUT955 (updated firmware: 06.06.1) with a dynamic DNS provider.

The status shown in the ddns instance configuration window constantly reads n/a and the router can in turn not be accessed via the registered DNS entry. Since I can reach the provider domain ddnss.de from inside the LAN, I assume that the problem is not the general accessibility of the DDNS provider.

Looking at the ddns configuration examples in the wiki, every single one of them states as prerequisite, that a public WAN ip is required for the DDNS to work. My network provider constantly delivers private WAN IPs (with internal NAT to the Internet i assume)

Is this a general issue? The configuration template for my ddns provider expliticly allows to distinguish between public and private WAN ip addresses.

Could it be, that the ddns-service of the rut9x firmware does not support private WAN addresses?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Q: Could it be, that the ddns-service of the rut9x firmware does not support private WAN addresses?

A: RUT9XX ddns-service can support any WAN address. I registered test account on ddnss.de, and configured RUT955 DDnS service (see attached RUT955.png). Then checked ddnss.de and it successfully read my Private IP address (see attached ddnss.de.png). Please, compare your device DDNS settings, you should set them as you see on RUT955.png (change hostnames, username and password from your account).

If issue still persist, please download “Troubleshoot file” from Rut955 (System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot) and send it to me.

Pay attention, because it has Private IP address, we can’t use hostname of ddnss.de to access router. There is one mandatory precondition for DDNS to work - you must have a Static or Dynamic Public IP address. More info, you can find on Teltonika wiki page:

https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/Noip.com_DDNS_configuration#Preconditions

Regards.

by anonymous
"...  because it has Private IP address, we can’t use hostname of ddnss.de to access router ..."

Does this mean, it is not possible to access the router from the web anyway?

Where do I find the *.png files you mentioned?

Thanks!