FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
3,036 views 19 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I uploaded new bootloader fw (uboot_for_tlt_rut9xx_3.2.5_webui.bin) for my RUT950 through uboot.html, waited for 10min but device didn't respond to ping. I powercycled the router but the only feedback I get from the device is a blinking (about 2 times per sec) LAN3 led. Please help.

8 Answers

+2 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

Sorry for the delay, we had to investigate the bootloader issue with old HW version at first. Unfortunatelly, devices will have to be shipped back.

Every user that has bricked devices will be contacted on Monday with the details and every bricked router will be repaired for free regardless of whether the warranty is expired or not.
Best answer
by anonymous
This is very good news!
by anonymous
Hello! Please tell me, does your company have service centers in Russia? I have the same problem after updating the bootloader.
by anonymous

Hello,

We would like to contact all crowd support users from this thread, regarding sending devices to warranty. However, some messages were sent anonymously, therefore we have cannot initiate private conversation.

If your devices are no longer reachable due to upgrading device's bootloader and you have not been contacted via any private channels yet, please:

• Make sure that you have Crowd Support Forum account and you are logged in. To create the account, pressed "Login" button in the top right corner of this page and then click "Register".
  • Respond to this thread, or write me a private message
by anonymous
Hello,

We have send ourt bricked 955 router (due to bootloader upgrade) to local authorized representative located in Turkey. Do we need to inform them about teltonika's offical position about this issue?

All the best, stay healthy,

Göksel Erkan

Ankara/TURKEY
0 votes
by anonymous

Hi mmuser,

Is there Ethernet cable attached to your RUT9XX LAN port 3 or is LAN LED3 just blinking without anything being inserted into it?

Also is your RUT9xx still accessible via bootloader menu? If yes I'd suggest to re-flash bootloader and firmware again.

If there's no access to device and LAN LED3 is still blinking then it'll be needed to send your device to RMA, RMA request form can be found here.

by anonymous
Hi,

LED on LAN3 starts blinking  right after power is connected, it doesn't matter if ethernet cable is connected or not.

I'm not able to enter bootloader menu anymore. I tried 30-30-30 reset but no luck. I am afraid it's bricked which is a shame.

I noticed there are 7 pins on the board (uart?). Could these be used for troubleshooting?
by anonymous
Yes, there's an uART but in this case it won't help as the issue with LAN3 port being lit up is related to the processor of device. It's needed to send your device for repairs to replace the CPU.
by anonymous
hi, i`ve got the same issue with rut955. i talk to my local seller, but it says "1 year warranty is expired, so we can`t help you with rma". so, i have a couple of questions:

1) do Teltonika have only one year warranty for devices?

2) what will be the cost of repair if i send my rut955 directly to Teltonika without my local seller?
by
Seems there is a problem with the bootloader 3.2.5. I have exactly the same issue with my RUT955, HW Rev 1106.

FW was 00.06.06_WEBUI. I restored the factory defaults before updating the bootloader.

@Teltonika: What can we do?
by anonymous

Now Teltonika has removed the bootloader section for several devices:

"Bootloader Change Log
The "Bootloader Change Log" section is removed for the time being due to some known issues regarding old device and new bootloader compatibility. This section will be updated when a solution is present."

My device is: RUT950 Batch no. 0005 HW   rev. 0303

@Teltonika: What can we do?

0 votes
by anonymous
Ok, thanks for your help.
by anonymous
How can I get the repair the RUT950 to fix this problem if I don't know where it was purchased and devices are not under warranty?

What is the price of the repair?
by anonymous
Mine is also out of warranty but the rma page says that non-warranty repairs are accepted if the product is not eol.

I have contacted my reseller about rma but haven't got a response back yet. I don't know what the price of repair would be, I guess first the rma request has to be accepted and the device shipped for repairs.

If you don't know where you got yours then I guess it wont hurt to contact them directly.
by anonymous
hi, i`ve got the same issue with rut955. i talk to my local seller, but it says "1 year warranty is expired, so we can`t help you with rma". so, i have a couple of questions:

1) do Teltonika have only one year warranty for devices?

2) what will be the cost of repair if i send my rut955 directly to Teltonika without my local seller?
0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Looks, that Teltonika developers not tested on all RUT955 devices this 3.2.5 bootloader.

I uploaded 3.2.5 bootloader to my RUT955, waited wery long time 10+ minutes, only LAN 3 blinking.

I`m looking on all this coments and understand that this bootloader are RUT955 killer :(

Don`t update until this was fixed.

Warranty is over....

This device is needed to install after some hours ....., but it is broken with poor bootloader.

Rukicc
by anonymous
Maybe there is an issue with bootloader 3.2.5 and older HW revisions of RUT9XX.

Mine is RUT950 (GG12C0) with HW rev. 0808

I agree with you that this booloader should be pulled from the downloads page.
by anonymous
Mine RUT955 H7V3C0 Batch 027 hw rev 1105
by
I have the same issue with my RUT955 HW Rev. 1106 :(
by
RUT950 updated the bootloader  and got similar problems. If you find a solution, please answer.
by anonymous

I think the users who have updated were confident, the file date was 2 months ago:

" RUT9XX Bootloader version 3.2.5 | 2020.02.13 "

0 votes
by anonymous
Looks like bootloader download links have been removed for RUT9XX.
by anonymous

This is good news, they understand how good is this bootloader.

Now the question is how to repair this device if the device is out of warranty.

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

We would like to contact all crowd support users from this thread, regarding sending devices to warranty. However, some messages were sent anonymously, therefore we have cannot initiate private conversation.

If your devices are no longer reachable due to upgrading device's bootloader and you have not been contacted via any private channels yet, please:

• Make sure that you have Crowd Support Forum account and you are logged in. To create the account, pressed "Login" button in the top right corner of this page and then click "Register".
  • Respond to this thread, or write me a private message
+2 votes
by anonymous
I'm happy to report that last week I got my RUT950 back and it's up and running again with bootloader 3.2.6 preinstalled.

Of course it's unfortunate that this incident happened in the first place but I'm glad Teltonika acted in a responsible manner and repaired my unit free of charge even though it was out of warranty, so thanks for that.
by anonymous
I confirm what mmuser writes, Teltonika acted in a responsible manner, my RUT950 was repaired free of charge even though it was out of warranty.
0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, I also have the problem with the Brick bootloader. I did it according to the instructions in the wiki. This firmware was suggested for the older RUT models at the link: https://community.teltonika-networks.com/29528/bootloader-needed-for-rut950?show=29528#q29528 I have a RUT955 17V020 batch no.0011 HW rev. 0202. I can't figure it out on the RUT either. Lan 3 flashes shortly after power is connected. How do you do that now?