FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,999 views 3 comments
by

Hello,

After one of the later firmware upgrades the OpenVPN TLS/Password setting went from storing user and password in a visible field, to referencing a user and passwords file. I have tried uploading a file with just the username and password, separate by space.
What else is needed to make this work?

New:

Old:

Edit:
The file storage seems to work OK. The username and password is stored in the auth file under /etc/openvpn.
However, the auth-pam.sh script does not seem to receive the input user and password from openvpn.
 WARNING: Failed running command (--auth-user-pass-verify): external program exited with error status: 1

3 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

While testing I run into the same issue. I forwarded this issue to our Rnd department. When I have more information on this issue, I will inform you.
by
Has this item been resolved? I have run into the same issue.

OpenVPN config works fine when authentication is set to TLS but when I try TLS/Password authentication I see the following error in the log file: TLS Auth Error: Auth Username/Password verification failed for peer
by anonymous

Hi,

The issue will be resolved with the next firmware update. We noticed that this issue occurs then the text file for username&password is created with Windows using notepad. To resolve this issue, try to add an extra empty line after username and password.

If this won't help you solve this issue, please create a separate question and describe your issue in more detail.

0 votes
by
I fix it in RUTX11 editing /etc/openvpn/auth-pam.sh script:
creds=$(cat $1)  ## This line is original
creds=$(cat $auth_file)  ##This is edited line

PS. I have RUTX11 firmaware version: RUTX_R_00.02.06
by anonymous

Didn't work for me, after i made this change it allows me to connect with ANY username or password..

Is there any other solutions found? 
To resolve this issue, try to add an extra empty line after username and password.

Didn't work either.

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

are there any news on this issue.

Still not working.

Can you provide a sample ovpn file and a sample file for user/password?

Thanks