FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
431 views 3 comments
by anonymous
I just got an X11 router to start renewing my fleet of RUT955. To say the least the X11 firmware is in very alpha stages, i have had problems in all compartments, from OpenVPN not creating zones to mobile auto APN locking up the navigation and FOTA updates not working.

I have had a lot of software crashes when using the webui that i never saw on older RUT9XX.

The system itself is very powerful from an hardware poit of view but software is really lagging behind. At the moment i'll advice to all users that have, like us, a LOT of old routers around installation to NOT switch over to X11. We need at least another 3-4 releases to fix all bugs.
by
Found another bug, sms doesn't send or receive messages. Authomatic APN doesn't work, if set authomatic doesn't let me go out to internet, set it to custom and works, same exact APN.

SMS utility after crashing disapperead from menu.

Will ship it back to vendor ASAP, this router is a pile of bugged s***.

regards

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
I'm running newest firmware and everything seems to work fine. OpenVPN works fine, zones are okay, auto APN works and I updated newest fw by OTA, it worked. Also, getting SMS messages okay. Original factory firmware was quite bad what comes to WebUI. Maybe you had faulty unit?

Actually, I'm very pleased with my RUTX11
by
Actually on mine, the only way to have OpenVpn working was to configure it on old firmware than update it to latest, by file because OTA was not working. Maybe i go a faulty unit, who knows.
by anonymous
Hello,

RUTX series software is still fairly new and our RND team is working hard to make it as good as possible. It would be great if everyone in this query, that are having issues with our devices, would contact me via private message. Me and RND will try our best to help you.