FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
583 views 2 comments
by anonymous
Hello, I'm on a steep but enjoyable learning curve having bought my RUT950.

Ive got a Voip adapter plugged into one of the routers ethernet ports and I want to prioritize data for it, hopefully to improve upload speed.The QoS page starts with Interfaces and I'm not sure if I need to enable the LAN interface. I did try it, but it effected everything connected to the LAN ports when I set download and upload as 3000kbps.

I have entered the Voip ip address in Classification Rules in the Priority line leaving the ports as they were 22,53. But don't know if I need to enter Number of Bytes or anything else.

Thank you .

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

It could be that router is not performing QoS because VOIP and other devices are in the same LAN and therefore, communicate directly (You can say router is acting as a switch in this case and is transparent to the traffic). Maybe could you try separating voip and other devices into their own vlans and give voip an IP from a different pool?

Voip pool: 192.168.2.0/24

Other Devices pool: 192.168.1.0/24
by
Thanks for for answer. The voip IS in a separate ethernet port on the router already.

I don't think I have technical knowledge to understand your answer. And therefore what settings I'd need to change.

Thanks though
by anonymous

Go to Network > VLAN > LAN Networks:

Enter desired LAN name (Can be anything) and click Add New

Enter a new IP address for that LAN (For example : 192.168.2.1) and save settings

Go to VLAN Networks

Select Port Based VLAN mode

Click Add

On newly added VLAN select newly created LAN network

Switch port that are you going to use for VOIP device to ON (Example LAN port 3 to ON)

Now, VOIP and other LAN device traffic should be separated.