FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
471 views 5 comments
by
Hello, how safe is the automatic change on the SIM cards from the RUT950?
If e.g. with SIM1 the internet is lost, does it switch directly to SIM2? Without the internet gone for a short time?
I ask because I want to use the router for a livestream and therefore want to use 2 different mobile providers to be 100% sure that there will never be an interruption.

Can I safely use the router for this?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

All you need to do is enable automatic switching and define the rules, you can even set your sim card to switch when signal strength value falls below specified threshold without waiting connection to drop totally.
by

I now have 2 different SIM cards (telekom and vodafone) in the Rut950. However, it only shows me the provider when I have the card in Slim1, no matter which one. What do you have to do for the automatic change to work?

by

some screenshots, Sim2 are dead, why?

by anonymous
Try setting the APN name by hand (custom?) for the Telekom SIM, it is shown as "not available" in your screenshot.
by

that's not correct, the sim works, but only if I change the priority or change the slot. Here you can see that telekom is now active and vodafone (Sim1) is deactivated) How is switching supposed to work? It's really not that good! If that doesn't work, the router is unusable for me and I'll send it back!

by anonymous

Hi, RUT950 has one LTE module so it makes sense for one sim card to be active. Moreover you don't need both sim cards to be active for failover to work. The primary SIM card is the one which is active by default, while the secondary card stays inactive until switched to or set as primary so this is a normal behaviour.

Go to Network > Mobile > SIM Management tab. 

Mark "Enable automatic SIM switching", and then choose on what conditions it will activate from SIM1 to SIM2 and visa versa (2 separate Tabs). 

Check this page for more information.