FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
363 views 3 comments
by anonymous

Hi team,

I'm planning to buy RUTX8 gateway. I need some basic information for that.

I want to setup openvpn server on one gateway and client on second gateway. We are using the SIM card( ex. Airtel) for network connectivity .

Is their any special  requirement for SIM card or normal mobile sim card will work ?

what are the configuration need to be done for SIM cards ?

what to do the firewall if any ?  what are the routing setting for that if any ?

can I connect your openvpn server running on your gateway using my mobile as client or any other gateway as clinet ? what are the requirements for that ?

Regards,

Hitendra

by
Hi team

any update ?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

RUTX8 is physically not capable of working with sim cards as it doesn't have an LTE module. The best device with similar specifications for this solution would be RUTX09, or if you're planning on having people connecting to your OpenVPN client WIFI and using your OpenVPN server then RUTX11 would also be a great investment.

Regarding your questions, any sim card that has mobile traffic enabled will do as long as it has public IP given by your operator.

No additional configuration needed if your sim card is the default interface for outcoming and incoming traffic that happens.

So do not worry and set up your OpenVPN as you would normally do.

EB.
by anonymous
thank you for reply.

How to get public IP of SIM CARD ? Do need to request to ISP for public IP ?

All ports are open for incomming or outgoing connection in SIM card ? OR any configuration need to done for that .
by anonymous
  • Yes, you're right, you will have to request your ISP for public IP.
  • And yes, everything is open if your ISP doesn't have any limitations preset on their side.
EB.