FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
586 views 0 comments
by anonymous

I need to connect a gps receiver to an Ntrip server to read the gps coordinate corrections
The RUT955 router has a complete Ntrip client, which can be used to connect to an Ntrip server, but the output is provided only as a physical signal to the rs232 port of the router itself

The gps receiver we use has two physical uart connected to pins tx1 / rx1 and tx2 / rx2 of an Rs232 / Ethernet module of this type USR-TCP232-E2

This module inside has, for each serial port, a tcp / udp client configurable in every detail

The question is: how to allow the passage of data from Ntrip server to port tx2 / rx2 of the Rs232 / Ethernet module?
Is it possible to use the tcp client of the rs232 / Ethernet module to read information arriving on the Rt955 Ntrip client?

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hello,

If I understood correctly, try to use RUT955 USB-to-serial functionality. For this you will have to connect router RS232 (DB9) port to USB using RS232 to USB converter. Then in Services -> Package manager install "USB tools package". From here configure RS232 and USB-to-Serial with same serial communication values, but in RS232 select NTRIP client mode and in USB-to-serial use OverIP.

This will forward all serial data from RS232 port to configured LAN IP address. And make sure that you have added all the necessary allowed IP address. For testing I suggest to use 0.0.0.0/0