FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
645 views 6 comments
by
Hi,  I am a amateur when it comes more advances router installations. I have a RUT 950 with Telenor Sweden as provider. I have two questions. Internal in the buildings I run TP link DECO for a number of reasons. I have had issues and they reply that I should have my RUT950 in bridge mode. So I have tried to do that several times. But the DECO, set in Dynamic IP (as they told me to do) stops working, doesn't get any IP adress. I have:

Restarted the RUT, Installed the IP cable in the WAN port, noting helps. Why?

At the moment I have the RUT950 in  pass true mode and that works just fine.

What am I doing wrong? pls. answer in a low knowhow to meet my skills.

Secondly, the RUT is connected to a memo antenna with normally excellent speed. 40 mbit. All of a sudden the speed is down to average 7-10 mbit. I have tried to understand if Telenor done something but I can't see that. Anyone have an idea? The strength in the signal is around 75 dBm according to the router. Nothing else changed, same antenna in the same direction.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

Regarding bridge mode, I recommend double checking if device is running the latest available firmware version for it. The Latest firmware can be found here: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/RUT955_Firmware_Downloads

Also, regarding bridge mode, here a checking list what to check when configuring bridge mode:

•             Check MAC address input on RUT. Is it entered correctly?

•             Check APN settings. Try to set “AutoAPN”.

•             Check DHCP server. You should enable it, before using Bridge mode. If DHCP server is not enabled on RUT, PC (or end device) will not get IP address from ISP. You should set Static WAN IP address settings on PC to get internet connectivity or LAN IP address to access RUT Web UI.

•             If DHCP server was enabled on RUT, then check is your PC or end device set to obtain IP address automatically?

•             Reboot RUT device. Wait about 5min., that router fully boots up in Bridge mode.

•             After RUT is booted in Bridge mode, re-enable PC network interface or reboot your PC.

Also, you can find some information about bridge mode here: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/Mobile#Bridge_mode

Regarding antenna connection and the speed, make sure you are using both LTE antennas with the RUT950 device. If only one LTE antenna can be used make sure it is connected to the main antenna connector. Indication where the main antenna is can be found on to of the sticker on the device. Furthermore, speed depends on environment, how much speed does ISP provide, how good the signal strength is (more about that you can find here: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/Mobile_Signal_Strength_Recommendations) how heavily a certain cell tower is loaded by other user and etc.

If you will still have issue with the bridge mode, please PM me with the troubleshoot file of the RUT950 (System -> Administration -> Troubleshoot) also draw a simple topology how everything is connected via what interfaces what IP and gateways does device has and also provide steps which you take until issue reappeared .

<!--[if gte mso 9]> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]> Normal 0 19 false false false LT X-NONE X-NONE <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]>

/* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";} <![endif]-->
by
Brilliant respons and help. I will get back to you when I have followed you instructions. Just som clarifications:

1. I am sure about the firmware. Latest version from 12/5.

2. I feel safe about the MAC input. Reason is that I am currently run Pass true, that also demands MAC.

3. Shouldn't Bridge mode be that the router behind gets the current WAN IP address provided from RUT950?

4. The router "inside" is set in dynamic WAN mode now. And has 192.168.0.236 in the setup with pass true.

B

1. Do you suggest that using double antenna is an option? I have an pointing antenna "fishbone" with two cables connected...

Anyway big thank you for your answers and suggestions. I will digg into this right now...
by anonymous
3. Shouldn't Bridge mode be that the router behind gets the current WAN IP address provided from RUT950?

Yes, you are correct, but both passthrought and bridge mode forwards a IP received from ISP to end device, but in passthorught mode RUT has internet access, in bridge mode - not.

1. Do you suggest that using double antenna is an option? I have an pointing antenna "fishbone" with two cables connected...

Again if possible - yes, try using both Teltonika antennas. If you are using 3rd party antennas make sure they meet the requirements: https://wiki.teltonika-networks.com/view/Can_I_use_LTE/3G/Wi-Fi_antennas_other_than_Teltonika%27s%3F

Will be waiting for your feedback.
by
Hi Again,

I have now followed your instruction. I get the same result. I have produced a file as you requested. How do I hand it to you?

I have this conclusions.

1. The RUT does not provide a ip address for the unit (TP Link M9)

2. It gave the Macintosh an IP address.

3. In one page there is a drawing of the unit. It has updated pictures of which port I use. The WAN port has a big red cross over it. When I set the unit in bridge mode I connected the ip cable from the local router to that WAN port as described in the manual.

4. The DECO is set in dynamic IP mode as always.

5 The RUT provides IP address and works fine in Passtrough mode. That proves that the right MAC address is used right?

Best

Rune M
by anonymous

Hello,

- I have now followed your instruction. I get the same result. I have produced a file as you requested. How do I hand it to you?

You can PM me a troubleshoot file.

- The RUT does not provide a ip address for the unit (TP Link M9)

Can you try testing with the PC instead of TP Link M9? Connect PC to the RUT950 via LAN cable, make sure DHCP is enabled on both PC NIC and routers LAN network, and enter your PC NIC MAC address into routers configuration (when configuring bridge mode) and see if PC will get an IP address from your ISP.

- The RUT provides IP address and works fine in Passtrough mode. That proves that the right MAC address is used right?

Yes, it means that MAC address is correct.

by
Hi,

I did what you suggested. The PC was given an external IP address. I tried a couple of times, and changed ports on the RUT. I didn't succeed.

But suddenly it worked. I don´t understand why.

I guess I´l be back if it goes of again, but for now. I am fine... Thank you for your patiences!
by anonymous
Hello,

Thank you for your input, if the issue will persist, please PM me.