FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
2,847 views 4 comments
by anonymous

Hello .

I have a RUT950 router , I have set up the openvpn server to be able to connect from a remote place.
I have two ways to get this:

1) the SIM card is inside rut950. ( It properly works, the openvpn client does not have issues to connect to the server)

topologia1

2) The sim card is inside a mobile phone and the rut950 gets internet access throughout mobile phone's wifi.(It does not work)

topologia_2

-> WAN's ip are:

WAN

I think that the issue is in the IP. Mobile IP is public and the another one is private. I do not know
what I should do to link the ip's private and ip's public.

Please, some help.

Thank you

by anonymous
Hello.

I have kept on reading information about my problem and I think that
I should forward ports. From my wan to my server VPN's IP Address but
I do not know any way to know which IP has my OpenVPN server.

Am I right?. How Could I know it?

thank you

2 Answers

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

In order for your (2) option to start working, you should do the following:

1. Fix IP address configuration error - your picture shows, that two routers interfaces (LAN and WiFi) are configured to be on the same network (192.168.43.0), which prevents router from functioning properly. To begin with, you should change IP address, so that both interfaces would operate in different networks (e.g. LAN in 192.168.42.0, while WiFi in 192.168.43.0). RUT950's LAN IP can be changes from "Network -> LAN" menu.

2. Once that is done, then you would have to configure port forwarding on your mobile phone (if your phone receives Public IP from mobile operator), so that router would be reachable remotely via this phone (Port forwarding should be made to router's WiFi WAN IP address and OpenVPN server's port). Standard phone's operating systems does not have built in option to configure port forward rule, but that can be done through third party applications from google play or iOS stores.

by
Hello.

I have done everything you said but without sucess. I have built another topology to keep on trying possibilies.
I have connect the Rut950 to my home router by wireless. I have configured port forward for 1194 port....and it works perfectly.
In conclusion , the main problem is on the mobile phone but I stuck because I do not know if the problem is that 1194 port is not open
, because of port forward or whatever.

I wanted to get this way works because I saw an EWON router connected like this way and working.

May be, you could shed light on the subject.

Thank you
by anonymous

Hello,

To confirm, for this solution to work, these conditions must be satisfied:

1. Your mobile phone must have Public IP address.

2. Port forwarding must be configured on mobile phone

3. Router must be correctly configured in "Network -> WAN" menu, so that it would receive internet connection from this phone.

Since your solution is not working at this moment, my suggestion would be to investigate each of the step separately.

- First, make sure that router's "WiFi configuration" is correct. Most easiest way to do that is by NOT changing "WiFi Protocol to Static". i.e. by leaving "DHCP" protocol running.

- Regarding (1) one, first make sure that your mobile phone has Public IP address. If you are not sure, that phone's SIM card has Public IP address, you can switch SIM cards around (put 95.88.88.88 SIM card from the router to the mobile phone and make sure that mobile phone receives same IP address (that can be done by visiting https://ping.eu/ ). It would also be good idea to test phone's SIM card in the router and check it router receives Public IP with phone's SIM card)

- Once you are sure, that phone indeed has Public IP address, you can test it port forwarding is working correctly by:

- Enabling "Remote access" to the router (from "System -> Administration -> Access control" menu).

- Making another "test" port forward rule on a phone, which would be directed to this "Remote access" port on the router (default HTTP port is 80. You can use this one). I.e. your rule could look like: External port: 5000, internal port: 80, destination IP: <router's WiFi WAN IP>

- Checking if this rule is working. That can be done by trying to reach phone's IP:port from "another internet source" (e.g. another mobile phone), e.g.  95.88.88.88:5000

Would you be able to check each of the steps and let me know which of them are working for you, and which are not?

by anonymous

Hello.

1.- Yes, It has. I can send a command "ping" and the public IP answers.  It is not behind a NAT, .........(OK)

3.-  Yes. The RUT950 is connected to the mobile throughout wlan and I can surf through intenet with this connection,........(OK)

2.- I will try

Thank you

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi.

It is not possible to establish a port forwarding rule on my mobilephone (android).
Do you know any app to be able to do that?. I have tried some apps but without sucess.

Thank you