FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
1,225 views 2 comments
by

Setting up a OpenVPN client on RUTX11 using a configuration file, and using password authentication. The username and password fields limit the character lengt to 16 ... my username and password are longer than 16 characters...

Any ideas about how to solve that problem ?

3 Answers

0 votes
by
I reported this several weeks ago - along with the fact that you can not have characters like '-' in the options fields for OpenVPN.

No response so far unfortunately
0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

This issue has already been reported to Teltonika RND before, RUTOS 2.4 version will allow to use longer Usernames/Passwords in OpenVPN configuration, as well as custom symbols.
by
I have the same problem, is there a workaround via ssh? When will RUTOS 2.4 be released?
by anonymous
Hi,

Validation is being done only in WebUI, so manually changing Username/Password via SSH is possible by configuring /etc/config/openvpn config file.
0 votes
by anonymous

Same problem on MQTT Bridge Credentials / Data to Server MQTT Credentials / HTTPs Custom Headers...

I have made a search on files and I have found maybe why ...

/usr/lib/lua/luci/cbi/datatypes.lua : Define lenght of each datatype

• Here, we can see credential_validate = 64 chararcters length for example

On /rom/usr/lib/lua/luci/model/cbi/mqtt_broker.lua

• remote_clientid.datatype = "uinteger"
  • remote_password.datatype = "credentials_validate"

BR