FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
570 views 2 comments
by anonymous

I too cannot get a Vodafone SIM to work (see:RUTH 11 not working with Vodafone sim).  I have an RUTX09 and am testing out 3 SIMs.  The EE and 3 sims work fine but the Vodafone one won't connect to the internet.  The Vodafone SIM works fine in my iPhone.
Here are the router details:

Model:  RUTX09,  Firmware: RUTX_R_00.02.03.3, Prod Code: RUTX09000400
Data Connection State:  Connected,  IP4 Address: 10:22:151:35/29  RSSI: -61dBm
The events log has:  "Connected to vodafone UK operator" as it's last entry.
Any help gratefully received
Thanks
Gerard

1 Answer

0 votes
by
Hi. Try to put apn settings manually. Some auto added apns can’t normally work.
Best answer
by anonymous
Hi Anonymous
Many thanks for the reply.
I had been told that to receive an IP address the APN must be correct and as the Router had been allocated an IP address from vodafone and was showing its connection status as "Connected" the APN cannot have been the problem.  Added to that there was only one option shown for monthly SIM cards in the manual APN dropdown list.  I assumed this was the same as would be used for the Auto selection.  For these reasons I hadn't tried Manual APN.  
Prompted by your suggestion (and to be honest, 100% expecting to prove you were wrong:), I tried it out - and lo and behold, it worked!!  Data is now passing, pings and web browsers work.
Many thanks indeed for solving the problem.
All the best
Gerard
by
the above is true also for vodafoneIT. Automatic selection gets an empty APN. For those searching for the same problem, go to Network->Interfaces, click on mob1s1a1 (if your sim is in the first slot) and edit from there. The drop down that becomes usable after setting APN to manual will have the correct one to use along with those of some other MVNOs sharing vodafone's net.