FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
938 views 3 comments
by anonymous
Hi,

I have some RUT240 and RUT950 routers and want to be able to "clear data limit" by sms command for 2 reasons.

1. At first if I need more data I want to send a sms to force a new day limit to start.

2. The second reason is that I would like to upgrade the firmware of some routers. maybe in this situation I want a special daylimit of 50mb for instance and after the firmwareupgrade I want it back to 10mb per day.

I know you can change the limits by sms command through uci commands, its not easy but with some research its possible to change the limits or disable the datalimit.

However i have not found a reset or clear command to reset the limittimers. Is that possible or should i make a different approach?

Prefer one sms or even better one RMS command or button to make this possible.

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello, 

Regarding to your question on could you refer to this link: https://community.teltonika-networks.com/7612/disable-option-enable-mobile-data-limit-via-sms. But for RMS you need to go the WEBUI of the device or do it via CLI. 

Hope it helps

Regards,
Jerome

Best answer
by anonymous
Hi jerome, I know the uci commands for enable and disable the datalimit. however according the documentation it will not clear the datalimit-counter if you disable and enable the limit or reboot the router. Thats why I asked for the uci command to clear the data counter limit. do you know how to do that?
by anonymous

Hello, 

Regarding the UCI command for clear data limit that will reset the data counter I will try to check with the team. 
But if you are able to access CLI you can reset Data limit counter by the command "mdcollectdctl -clear". 

Hope it helps

Thank you and have a nice day!
Stay Safe

Regards,
Jerome

by anonymous

Hello,

Regarding the resetting of data limit counter you cannot reset it via SMS you can only reset it via CLI with mdcollectdctl -clear or on the WebUI of the device on the Mobile data limit clear data button. 

Thank you and have a nice day!
Stay Safe

Regards,
Jerome