FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
460 views 2 comments
by anonymous

Hi,

We're running some TRB140's with TRB1_R_00.02.03.2 firmware.

The SMS utilities work fine without authentication.
For example "status" is received, parsed as "Get status from: ..." in the log and a status message is sent correctly.

When I turn on "By router admin password" as the authorisation method and send the following message: "admin_password status", this is logged as "SMS received from: ..." in the log, and no status message is sent in response. I have triple checked that the password sent is identical to the admin password I use to log in to the web interface (which is what I understand to be the admin password). I have not altered, created or removed any users (other than setting the admin password after first log in).
I have also tried sending "admin01 status" just in case; this also does not work.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Ben

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous
Hi,

Just tested with my TRB140 running on firmware version TRB1_R_00.02.03.2 and was able to get gateway's status with authorization by admin password.

Is authorization by serial number also not working for you or the issue only present with admin password?

To begin with, if you did not change much of device's configuration, try resetting device to factory defaults by holding reset button for 12s and check whether you're able to get response with admin password authentication.
by
Hi,

I have done further testing; there is a bug regarding supported characters in the admin password.

I changed my password to something containing only alphanumeric characters and I can get router status by admin password auth.

My original password contained characters outside of the alphanumeric set.

I hope this helps you track down this issue.

Thanks,
Ben
by anonymous
Hi,

What was the special characters?

Because I tried various non alphanumeric characters and still was able to get the status of device via SMS.