FOR TIPS, gUIDES & TUTORIALS

subscribe to our Youtube

GO TO YOUTUBE

14455 questions

17168 answers

28195 comments

0 members

We are migrating to our new platform at https://community.teltonika.lt. Moving forward, you can continue discussions on this new platform. This current platform will be temporarily maintained for reference purposes.
0 votes
2,148 views 4 comments
by

I need help trying to connect to Tele2 WifiToGo in Sweden with my RUT230.

It seems to connect for a few seconds and then disconnects. I have tried with several APN:

4G.tele2.se

mobileinternet.tele2.se

surf.tele2.se

Settings:

Connection type QMI 

Mode NAT

APN surf.tele2.se

PIN number 000

Dialing number *99#

MTU 1500

Authentication method

CHAP  

Username

Password 

Network log:

63 2018-12-13 16:11:47 Network Type Unkown
62 2018-12-13 16:11:46 Network Operator Connected to Tele2 SE operator
61 2018-12-13 16:11:44 Mobile Data Mobile data disconnected
60 2018-12-13 16:11:42 Mobile Data Mobile data connected: N/A

1 Answer

0 votes
by anonymous

Hello,

If you are not certain what specific mobile settings you should use with your particular SIM card, it is always a good idea to contact your SIM provider and ask this question.

According to the information, available on the internet ( source_1   or  source_2  ), "CHAP" authentication is not used by Tele2 Sweden (only PAP with two specific APNs). Most of support APNs does not use any authentication at all, therefore in router's "Network -> Mobile" menu you should select "Authentication method: None".

Have you tried using same SIM card in any other device? Was it connecting to same Tele2 Sweden network? With what mobile settings?

Best answer
by
Thank you, I will try this.

Regarding the settings, "CHAP" is what I got from tele2 customer support.

The different APN:s is also from customer support. It seems to by some confusion regarding APN in tele2

I tried the SIM card in my Samsung S8. It worked just fine.

I also tried the SIM card from my phone in RUT230 and it worked as well.
by anonymous

Suggestion: You can put this SIM card in your Samsung S8 once again. Then go to "Settings -> Connections -> Mobile networks -> Access Point Names -> (select currently used profile)" menu and check what exact mobile settings your Samsung S8 is using with this SIM card. Then you will be able to use same exact settings with your RUT230 router.

by
Thank you. I will do this!
by
It turns out that tele2 had not enabled 3G for the SIM-card. Now it is enabled and now it works!

Thanks for you assistance!