5747 questions

6964 answers

11234 comments

7058 members

0 votes
502 views 8 comments
by
Hello,

I have a RUTX11 with two SIMs both with a 90 Gb limit per month, the counter for SIM1 is reset the 08 of the month and the 22 for SIM2.

ubus -S call mdcollect get_overall '{"iface_name":"qmimux0","conn_period":"month","sim":1}' (or "sim":2) gives the volume used during the current month but both counters are reset on the first day (01).

Is there a way to read the volume used during the billing periods (08/n to 07/n+1 an 22/n to 21/n+1) ? How can I make sure the "switch on data limit" is effective and there cannot be any overshot ?

Regards,

1 Answer

0 votes
by
Hello, sorry for the late reply.

I am currently trying to reproduce this issue, could you please specify which firmware are you running at the moment?
by
Hello,

This was with version 02.03.03. Upgraded to 02.03.04 on 2020-07-04.

Regards,
by

Could you upgrade to newest in the meantime? 2.04.1 introduced many fixes and this is the one I am currently testing.

RUTX_R_00.02.04.1

by
Hello Peasant,

No, I won't upgrade to 02.04.1 for the moment, I have already tried it. Despite being announced for May wireguard is still missing, cannot be added with opkg nor cannot add my own packages build for 02.03.x, and cannot downgrade without loosing all the configuration and ending with an unreachable 192.168.1.0/24 network. And the new SDK as downloaded from the Teltonika site doesn't even compile so I can't rebuild the relevant modules for 02.04.x

Please provide a version with wireguard present first or fix the SDK, then I will happily upgrade the firmware on the device.

Regards,
by

Hello,

But Wireguard is present in RUTX_R_00.02.04.1, you just have to install it as an additional package in Services > Package Manager.

As for the initial issue, you can find remaining data value in:

/proc/net/xt_quota/mob1s1a1 - for SIM1

/proc/net/xt_quota/mob1s2a1 - for SIM2

by
Hello Peasant,

Yes you are right wireguard is present I have upgraded  the firmware to version 02.04.1 and it works this way. Didn't work with "opkg update; opkg install wireguard" which made me think it wasn't yet available when I tried a few days ago. And before upgrading I had compiled a package with the SDK, just in case ...

About my use case for wireguard: connect at boot time to an external (public) router, with all parameters already defined. The interface is still a little rough on the edges for this sort of configuration so I had to revert to my previous wg-quick-like script. But at least it works without having to maintain my own modules.

And the initial issue: I have checked the counter(s) I have to wait about a month to see if this is effective.

Thank you.
by
No problem, happy to help. Let me know if everything works ok.
by
Hello Peasant,

It looks like it works except for a small blunder, the router counts 90Gb as 90000Mb = 90000*1024*1024 bytes and that's about 94Gb real. So I have now set the limit at 85000 Mb.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
by
Hello Peasant,

In fact no, something looks wrong here. The counter /proc/net/xt_quota/mob1s1a1 has been reset to the limit on 01-09, not the 08-09 as expected. So the underlying mechanism cannot work, overshots are possible.

Regards,